‘Need an invite to join a Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective (DPWC) event? Contact us for info. and access.
COVID-19 Update: DPWC’s monthly meet-ups are online until further notice.
We once held our monthly meet-ups at SJSU in Washington Square Hall, room 218. However, COVID-19 pushed us online and now our meet-ups follow this format…
- We take a minute or two to let folks join-in on Zoom.
- Everyone makes an introduction (e.g., I’m so-in-so. I’ve been doing ok and I’ve been involved with such-in-such. I’d like to accomplish X,Y, and Z, and would like a little help/guidance/feedback/etc.). Please put yourself out there, make connections with members, and add to the symbiosis.
- The DPWC team will share updates and talk about our latest initiatives. If you feel you’d like to work on something that’s mentioned, then let us know (after all, we’re here to build platform and grow opportunities that support your writing life and career).
- We encourage you to ask questions or chime-in. It’s very helpful and lets us figure out how to showcase our diverse talent, and either share the resources we already have, or allocate new ones.
- We wrap-up everything in 90 minutes: end the meet-up with action items and a commitment to follow-up on any outstanding questions.
photo credit: Google Images