COVID-19 Update: meet-ups are online until further notice.
We meet-up once a month at SJSU in Washington Square Hall, room 218. However, COVID-19 has pushed us online and now our meet-ups go as follows…
- We take a minute or two to let everyone join-in on the teleconference.
- Folks introduce themselves (e.g., who are you, how you been doing, what you been doing, what you’d like to accomplish, what kind of help you’d like, and anything else you want to share). It’s good to put yourself out there, make connections with members, and add to the symbiosis.
- The DPWC host or leadership team will share updates and talk about our project initiatives. If you feel you’d like to work on something we’ve mentioned, let us know (after all, we’re here to create a platform and grow opportunities that will support your writing life and career).
- You’re encouraged to ask questions or chime-in. It’s very helpful. It lets us figure out how to showcase our diverse talent, and either share the resources we already have, or allocate new ones.
- We then wrap everything up: end the meet-up with action items and a commitment to follow-up on any questions that were asked.
‘Need an invite to join the Diasporic Peoples Writing Collective? Contact us.
photo credit: Jopwell